Promenade Care Center
MDS Coordinator LVN/RN
Here at Promenade Care Center, we believe that together we can inspire strength and hope!
We provide both short-term rehabilitation and long-term care at the highest professional standards, along with comprehensive skilled nursing and progressive treatment plans promoting quality care that inspires our patients positively. An interdisciplinary care team made up of nursing staff, therapist(s), resident dietitian, activities and social services develop a customized plan of care that addresses specific care needs and therapy goals necessary for the resident to reach their personal goals.
We rely on and trust our team to provide the best patient care and create a compassionate environment. In this role, ensuring that all of our patients are treated with dignity and respect will be at the core of your care. You will empower our patients, recognizing their ability to make their own choices while guiding them with kindness and understanding through challenging times. We take pride in our supportive network and are looking to expand our team with more amazing individuals who share our values and mission.
- Coordinates the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with current Federal and state rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the resident assessment, including the implementation of RAPs and Triggers.
- Selects the correct Assessment reference date (ARD) and correct reasons for assessment that capture all resources utilized to ensure appropriate payment by the Medicare/Medicaid systems.
- Uses company standard systems (Concurrent review when available) to manage the MDS process.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive resident assessment and care plan.
- Disseminates any new or updated materials involving the RAI process.
- Facilitates the involvement of appropriate health professionals needed to improve or maintain the resident’s functional abilities at the highest practicable level.
- Creates an opportunity for family participation in the care planning process.
- Ensures the timely electronic submission of face validity of all Minimum Data Sets to the state database.
- Reviews the state validation reports and ensures that appropriate follow-up action is taken.
- Communicates with the product champions to ensure that all new nursing employees are knowledgeable of the RAI process and receive the appropriate training as directed by their supervisor.
- Communicates with the Business Office Manager and Administrator on a regular basis regarding default days and unassigned days.
- Participates in the Medicare Part A in house review as directed by their supervisor.
- Follows company standard regarding weekly communication with the Business Office Manager on all information needed for Medicare/Medicaid billing.
- Understands, complies with and promotes all rules and regulations regarding residents’ rights; promotes positive relationships with residents, visitors and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance.
- Must adhere to the Company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy, including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience in a health care setting. Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a long-term care setting.
- Must have a current, active license to practice as a LPN/LVN in state of practice.
- Must be currently working towards RN license, which must be obtained within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Prior experience as an MDS coordinator with demonstrated expertise.
- Demonstrates clinical at the level necessary to meet the job requirements.
- Basic understanding of computer technology, including email use.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Proven decision-making and analytical skills.
- Must be able to travel, including overnight stays.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
Promenade Care Center (formerly known as Dycora Transitional Health & Living) is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.