Promenade Care Center
Physical Therapy Assistant
Here at Dycora Transitional Health & Living, we believe that together we can inspire strength and hope!
We provide both short-term rehabilitation and long-term care at the highest professional standards, along with comprehensive skilled nursing and progressive treatment plans promoting quality care that inspires our patients positively. An interdisciplinary care team made up of nursing staff, therapist(s), resident dietitian, activities and social services develop a customized plan of care that addresses specific care needs and therapy goals necessary for the resident to reach their personal goals.
We rely on and trust our team to provide the best patient care and create a compassionate environment. In this role, ensuring that all of our patients are treated with dignity and respect will be at the core of your care. You will empower our patients, recognizing their ability to make their own choices while guiding them with kindness and understanding through challenging times. We take pride in our supportive network and are looking to expand our team with more amazing individuals who share our values and mission.
- Treat patients as directed by licensed therapist.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and team building approach with all patients, clients and team members.
- Consistently attends work and provides appropriate notice for scheduled paid time off
- Maintains productivity standard as determined by supervisor and clinical needs.
- Demonstrates consistent knowledge and application of Medicare and other reimbursement regulations.
- Treat patients according to treatment plan.
- Record clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory and professional guidelines.
- Record daily treatment charges per approved billing guidelines.
- Instruct families and nursing staff regarding restorative/home programs as directed by staff therapist.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings, patient care conferences, utilization review meetings, and other meetings as required or directed.
- Participate in in-service training program for other staff at the facility.
- Participate in facility performance improvement programs
- Coordinate with members of other departments, attending physicians, committee members, and other staff within the Rehab department.
- Perform other duties as required or directed
- Screen patients based upon identified need per State Practice Act.
- Assist with cleaning maintenance of treatment area and department
- Report any problems with department equipment to appropriate personnel so that it is maintained in good working order.
- Travel or float between facilities as determined by supervisor and patient needs.
- Successful completion of certificate/state licensure process for Physical or Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Current registration/licensure as a Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Graduate of an accredited Assistant Program
- Maintain documentation of supervision per state guidelines
Dycora Transitional Health & Living is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.